" Our love must not be a thing of words and fine talk. It must be a thing of action and sincerity. "
1 John 3:18

Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Love... with no pressure or expectation.


well, by the encouragement of a friend, I am going to try to update this thing a little more often. So TWO DAYS IN A ROW, wow this is epic.

So last night I was laying in bed reading in my history book about the hindu religion, and how it ties in to history and all of that good stuff, quite interesting actually, while listening to Bon Iver, [ for some reason I can't really read without music?] As I was ending one assignment and getting to the next, I got a text from my friend,

"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love. As the father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him. For he knows how we were formed. He remembers that we are dust' Psalm 103 ...amazing. i love you best."

I said back, the last part really hit me, and I asked her if she was feeling heavy for me? and she said " just laying here trying to bask in his love and stop fighting it... thought you would like this" and I said thanks, and I needed to hear that. Then she went on to tell me something that was perfect for the strange mood I was in at the time...
"yes..remember that although we put so much pressure on ourselves to walk upright and always know what to do, He puts NO pressure and only asks us to lean into him.. we love you. [ we being her and Jesus] :)

Isn't that neat, the creator of the universe, who made us, puts NO pressure on what he created, when I build something, [ since I am just quite the builder] okay, make something, or FIX something, I expect it to work RIGHT, I don't want it messing up, or not working the way I intended it to work! right?? I mean when I burn a Cd, that thing better work and NOT skip. When I recharge my phone I am going to be pissed if it dies 2 hours later. when I get my car fixed, I don't expect it to not start the next morning on the way to school.. get the idea?

What if we had a creator who had the same expectations on us, now I understand you can argue, well the idea that you love your kids the way they are or your family and friends even if they fail, but that is not ALWAYS, I get hurt when I am let down just like the next person, so really it is not COMPLETE in the same way that christ loves is, because actually he expects nothing, but trusts us with everything, and ONLY asks us to lean into him, and trust where he is taking us.

He sees me for what I will be, not what I am.

so yes, one more little piece of the puzzel for learning to Love well wouldn't you say?

Love with no pressure or expectation

No comments:

Post a Comment