" Our love must not be a thing of words and fine talk. It must be a thing of action and sincerity. "
1 John 3:18

Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Return and be Refreshed

[ Had to send in a verse that describes my journey, or walk or life with Christ, something like that, so I thought I would copy and paste it to my blog .. yeah its a good verse. ]


Acts 3:19-20 (New American Standard Bible)

19"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
20and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,


So I am not sure how detailed this is supposed to be, but I will try my best to explain why this verse is so dear to my soul.
I have a tendency to try to move forward in the way God is calling me but not let go of the things that are keeping me from fully experiencing him, ha I guess we could call this Sin? yep, Sin. I struggle with guilt, about a lot of things, and this is a verse that just resonates with me, the version I found, ( New American Standard,) says " repent and return," rather than just repent, and I was really drawn to this, because I believe it shows the state of the human heart, Esp. me, I am an untrusting, fearful, and sinful human who needs to RETURN to him, and be refreshed, and be reminded that I am his, and there is nothing I can do that will make him leave me, he desires for me to be refreshed and rest in his spirit. I am not called to live in condemnation OR guilt for the sins I commit, it is that simple. I was created to be in his presence, to realize my need for him, allow him to love me, and REST in his spirit. Although I am a pretty deep thinker, and tend to want to " figure God out, or wrap my mind around him, I CAN"T. I want to be like a child when it comes to my faith. Don't mistake that statement for laziness, this doesn't mean I don't want to be bold or strong, just a child, who let's him fight for me while I receive his gift of refreshing.

I want him to teach me to know that I need him.

Lindsey Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment